This week we’re going to talk about why parents choose to work with me, as well as the outcomes they get.
Perhaps, if you’ve considered getting support with your parenting, you’d be interested in knowing what’s motivated other people.
Without exception, all the parents who work with me are really committed to their parenting.
So, what reasons drive parents like you to take that first step?
Watch the video or scroll down to read more…
Reason #1 – You’re on your knees with your child’s behaviour.
- It’s always been a struggle with one of your children – you’ve always felt that they were more needy, more anxious, or angrier than other children.
- There was an event like a house move, a new sibling, or a death or illness in the family which has affected your child or children and their behaviour.
The result is that right now you’re not really enjoying time with your children, even dreading time on your own with them. There’s a lot of resistance, upset, conflict, crying and meltdowns. The mood at home is often grumpy, angry and negative, and you may feel like you’re lurching from one crisis to another.
Family life feels like a constant battle – and you feel like you’ve lost your mojo.
You may also feel disconnected from one child in particular and you’re worried that your relationship with them may be a bit broken.
On top of this, you’re concerned about the impact of all this on your child’s mental health, now and in the future. And perhaps about the knock-on effect on your stress levels, health, and your partnership.
What if things get even worse in the volatile teenage years? How will you cope?
Reason #2 – You want to do the very best job possible as a parent.
It’s a really high priority for you to be well-informed because you want to give your children the very best start possible.
If this is you, things are okay most of the time. You’re getting on with your children and having some nice times together. But there are times when you’re not being the parent you want to be, when you’re shouting and losing your temper. At these times you feel clueless as to how to help your child or what to say or do for the best.
The types of situations that are triggering you are,
- Sibling squabbles,
- Children not following reasonable requests,
- Unhappy bedtimes,
- Morning rush nightmares,
- Those times when your child is really ungrateful, rude or uncooperative.
The motivating factor for you is that you want to feel really confident that you’re doing your best.
You want to know that your family is happy and that you’re setting your children up for a secure future as confident teenagers and happy adults.
Reason #3 – There’s an issue with your child’s behaviour that’s bothering you.
- Perhaps your 11-year-old is refusing to go to school. They’re hiding under the table and refusing to come out. What should you do?
- Your 8-year-old has a new fear. They’re suddenly scared of being alone upstairs by themselves.
- Or maybe it’s a toileting issue that you’re stuck with. Toilet training has regressed or gone wrong and you just don’t know how to get back on track.
These are what I would categorise as single issues, where there’s one thing that you just don’t know how to handle.
When a parent comes to me, it could be for any one of the three reasons above. Or it could be a combination.
You may recognise yourself in all of these.
But what are the outcomes you can expect when you’ve been on one of my parenting courses?
Outcome #1 – A better relationship with your children because you understand them better.
Understanding your child is key to a more peaceful, affectionate relationship. You learn how to see things from your child’s point of view which creates this incredible closeness.
You also get knowledge of child development. For example, did you know that the age at which to expect a child to use their knife and fork properly is 7? Much later than we usually think. Nuggets like that help you adjust your expectations so that you can distinguish between the times when you can relax and allow things to be and when it would be wise to take action.
Outcome #2 – You have strategies
You get strategies for dealing with challenging behaviour in the moment and you learn what to put in place so that this behaviour is much less likely to come up.
As part of this you learn the following three things.
- The language of love so that your child feels truly seen, heard, loved, understood and connected with you.
- How to set kind boundaries so that the limits you set teach your child what you want them to learn and not that parents are mean people.
- How to give your children appropriate control over their lives. They’ll feel satisfied and fulfilled in themselves and be able to channel energies constructively rather than disruptively.
Outcome #3 – You feel like you’re being your best self.
- You feel calmer, more positive, capable, confident, balanced and able to cope.
- You have moved away from overwhelm. You have stepped away from negativity and be more of who you’re meant to be – your true self as adult and parent.
- You’re not triggered in the same way by your children’s behaviour. Instead of reacting and getting angry, you respond with presence and calm.
If this has piqued your interest, you may have a question about how to find out whether I am the right person to help you. So here are the next steps.
We always start with a FREE 45-minute in-depth conversation. I call it a Happier Way Forward session. It’s all about giving you information you need to see a happier way forward for you, your children and your family. You tell me about your situation and I shed light on the reasons behind your children’s behaviour and what will help them feel and behave better.
I release a small number of these enlightening and enjoyable sessions every month so you are very welcome to get yourself booked in.
Book your session direct by clicking here. The conversations are always very valuable whether you decide to go ahead and book a parenting course with me or not. There is no obligation. The decision is entirely in your hands.
Solve the Struggle with Your Kids
The 6 Wise Parenting Powers
Download my no cost guide to raising a secure and happy family.